Another Success For Forbrain®!01 Jun 2018
A study published in the Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research (ASHA.org) proves the effectiveness of Forbrain® in modifying the speech of its users!
The paper called “The Potential Effect of Forbrain as an Altered Auditory Feedback Device”, is co-authored by Professor Escera, and his colleagues Mr. López-Caballero and Mrs. Gorina-Careta. It was published online in the “Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research”, or ASHA, the American, professional, scientific, and credentialing association for 182,000 members and affiliates who are audiologists; speech-language pathologists; speech, language, and hearing scientists; audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel; and students.
In this study, Professor Escera and his colleagues demonstrated with a double-blind controlled design that Forbrain modifies the input voice according to a Baxandall equalizer and that this altered auditory feedback via the device’s bone conductor alters the voice of the speaker.
The results of this study indicate the effectiveness of Forbrain® in modifying the speech of its users. It is suggested that Forbrain® works as an altered auditory feedback device. It may hence be used as a clinical device in speech therapy clinics.
Participants were instructed to read aloud a text of their choice during three experimental phases: baseline, test, and post-test, while wearing a Forbrain® headset. Critically, for half of the participants (Forbrain group) the device was turned on during the test phase, whereas for the other half (control group) the device was kept off. Voice recordings were analyzed to derive six quantitative measures of voice quality over each of the phases of the experiment.
A significant Group X Phase interaction was obtained for the smoothed cepstral peak prominence, a measure of vocal harmony, and for the trend line of the long-term average spectrum, a measure of voice robustness, this latter surviving Bonferroni correction for multiple comparisons.
The results of the study indicate the effectiveness of Forbrain® in modifying the speech of its users. It is suggested that Forbrain® works as an AAF device. It may hence be used as a clinical device in speech therapy clinics, yet further studies are warranted to test its usefulness in clinical groups.
Click here to get the details of the Research study
Other articles on this blog
- Forbrain present at the Learning and Teaching Expo in Hong Kong
- Sound for Life was a sponsor at the Hong Kong Speech & Hearing Symposium on November 1st and 2d!
- Forbrain present at the ASHA Convention from November 15th to 17th in Boston
- Forbrain® Is Now Available at four b8ta Stores across the U.S.!
- Forbrain rewarded with the Parent’s Pick Award
- Missica Has Two Children With Autism And This Is How Forbrain® Is Making a Difference In Their Lives!
- Another Success For Forbrain®!
- FORBRAIN® Was Present at AOTA’s 98th Annual Conference in Salt Lake City Last April!
- The voice is such a powerful tool
- Reading out loud can be stressful. Here is some useful advice to optimize your reading posture and therefore get the best out of it!
- Linda tested Forbrain with her children - Discover her review
- Forbrain will exhibit at the 2017 ASHA Convention in Los Angeles
- Douglas Haddad recommends Forbrain for both children and adults with learning difficulties
- Experience the dynamic filter effect!
- Why the human voice is so versatile
- Rebecca tested Forbrain with her son - Discover her review
- A new Prize awarded by families
- Forbrain will exhibit at the next TES SEN Show in London
- An isolated little boy finally gets help to battle Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD).
- A scientific research proves that Forbrain's headset significantly improves voice quality!
- Enthusiasm for Forbrain Drives Benefits
- A new Award granted to Forbrain
- Carol Kranowitz spoke about Sensory Processing Disorder with WGN Morning News
- Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder
- Today we recognize World Down Syndrome Day! Spread awareness and spread support!
- Meet Forbrain during the BETT Show 2016 in London
- Meet Forbrain during the ASHA Convention in Denver
- A scientific case study shows powerful effects of Forbrain!
- Get a complete overview of Forbrain in this detailed video
- Dawn Villareal, mother of a child diagnosed with autism, shares her experience with Forbrain and how it has helped her son
- Forbrain, the active auditory system to complete passive listening program.
- ADDitude Magazine recommends Forbrain®
- Winner BETT Awards 2015! Forbrain® wins as best Educational Needs Solution!
- Forbrain listed as a Top Great gift Ideas by Additude Magazine
- Forbrain Speech and Language
- Open Your Ears To...
- David's Forbrain Experience
- Launch Press Release