Open Your Ears To...06 May 2014
Although it is convenient to think that different parts of the brain are responsible for specific tasks, the fact is that the brain is a highly integrated system with constant interactions between many areas and functions. The brain is like an orchestra, which has component sections that have to work in harmony for effective performance.
Open Your Ears To Enhance Your Brain
Sensory input is essential for good brain function. The effective processing of sensations is key to normal and even superior brain performance. Think about poor reception of a radio signal. If the input is poor, the sound will be fuzzy or might not exist at all. You have to strain to make sense of it, directing energy and resources to try to understand the signal. Imagine how the brain has to adapt to poor, or less than ideal, sensory input. It has to use energy and resources that are needed for other functions, like concentration, attention and memory.
The auditory processing system is critical to brain function. As an example of how inter-related different areas of the brain are, the auditory system is also connected to our sense of balance and spatial awareness and orientation. So, improving your auditory system isn't just about improving your hearing, it's about enhancing many areas of the brain and overall performance.
Open Your Ears To Improve Your Memory
The auditory system has connections to those areas of the brain responsible for verbal and short-term memory. When you use Forbrain® regularly, speaking or reading aloud, your own voice activates these auditory pathways in the brain enabling easier access to memory. Daily use of Forbrain®, therfore, supports improved memory.
Open Your Ears To Improve Your Attention
Difficulties with attention are sometimes associated with poor sound reception. Through heightened bone conduction, Forbrain® focuses attention allowing better follow-through and completion, whether that's a thought, a sentence or a project. Exercising your own voice through Forbrain® can enable better attention at school, at work, or in anything you do.
Open Your Ears To Clear Your Mind
The extra workload created by an inefficient auditory system doesn't just overtax the brain, it clutters the mind. Overstimulation of the nervous system leads to lack of confidence, lower self-esteem, less energy and poor motivation. Forbrain® works directly on your nervous system by reducing the sound clutter in your brain. This balances the nervous system and improves confidence, motivating you to succeed and take action.
Open Your Ears To Improve Your Hearing
Of course, improving auditory processing will enhance hearing, a valuable tool for those who have hearing and speech processing difficulties. And because hearing and speech are inter-related, improvements in auditory processing can substantially improve a variety of language problems. (Link to speech and language production page)
Other articles on this blog
- Forbrain present at the AOTA Annual Conference & Expo
- Forbrain present at the Learning and Teaching Expo in Hong Kong
- Sound for Life was a sponsor at the Hong Kong Speech & Hearing Symposium on November 1st and 2d!
- Forbrain present at the ASHA Convention from November 15th to 17th in Boston
- Forbrain® Is Now Available at four b8ta Stores across the U.S.!
- Forbrain rewarded with the Parent’s Pick Award
- Missica Has Two Children With Autism And This Is How Forbrain® Is Making a Difference In Their Lives!
- Another Success For Forbrain®!
- FORBRAIN® Was Present at AOTA’s 98th Annual Conference in Salt Lake City Last April!
- The voice is such a powerful tool
- Reading out loud can be stressful. Here is some useful advice to optimize your reading posture and therefore get the best out of it!
- Linda tested Forbrain with her children - Discover her review
- Forbrain will exhibit at the 2017 ASHA Convention in Los Angeles
- Douglas Haddad recommends Forbrain for both children and adults with learning difficulties
- Experience the dynamic filter effect!
- Why the human voice is so versatile
- Rebecca tested Forbrain with her son - Discover her review
- A new Prize awarded by families
- Forbrain will exhibit at the next TES SEN Show in London
- An isolated little boy finally gets help to battle Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD).
- A scientific research proves that Forbrain's headset significantly improves voice quality!
- Enthusiasm for Forbrain Drives Benefits
- A new Award granted to Forbrain
- Carol Kranowitz spoke about Sensory Processing Disorder with WGN Morning News
- Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder
- Today we recognize World Down Syndrome Day! Spread awareness and spread support!
- Meet Forbrain during the BETT Show 2016 in London
- Meet Forbrain during the ASHA Convention in Denver
- A scientific case study shows powerful effects of Forbrain!
- Get a complete overview of Forbrain in this detailed video
- Dawn Villareal, mother of a child diagnosed with autism, shares her experience with Forbrain and how it has helped her son
- Forbrain, the active auditory system to complete passive listening program.
- ADDitude Magazine recommends Forbrain®
- Winner BETT Awards 2015! Forbrain® wins as best Educational Needs Solution!
- Forbrain listed as a Top Great gift Ideas by Additude Magazine
- Forbrain Speech and Language
- Open Your Ears To...
- David's Forbrain Experience
- Launch Press Release