Launch Press Release12 Feb 2014
Discover Forbrain®, an Innovative Headset to Improve Speech and Auditory Processing
February 1, 2014, MIAMI, FL - Sound For Life Ltd
The sounds of your voice are actually nothing more than vibrations. What if science could enhance these vibrations before your brain analyzes them?
Discover how a revolutionary technology is about to change the lives of millions who struggle with sensory integration issues.
Do you know why people always cringe when they hear their own voice on tape? It’s because they’re hearing solely through their ear canals. When you normally hear your speaking voice, the sound resonates through your head and reaches your ears via bone conduction, rather than air conduction.
As a fun experiment, try this: plug your ears with your fingers and say something. Hear how your voice resonates clearly in your head, despite your muted ears? The sound is traveling through your facial bones about 10 times faster than through the air. Your brain puts it all together via sensory integration, which is a crucial part of phonological awareness, or the comprehension of language.
A startup company, Sound For Life Ltd., has developed a revolutionary patented device to aid speech and auditory processing that uses this natural process of auditory feedback. Introducing Forbrain®, a headset that uses groundbreaking technologies to create an enhanced audio-vocal loop that enables users to improve their speech.
While speech-language pathologists and speech therapists employ the science of audio-vocal loops in their training, Forbrain® is the first device of its kind offered directly to consumers for at-home practice. Using the device is easy and intuitive: simply wear the headset, switch it on, and speak for a few minutes every day to improve speech. Designed for children and adults with speech difficulties, including problems with pronunciation, articulation, and fluency, the easy-to-use device may also enhance memory and concentration.
Forbrain uses two revolutionary technologies based on years of sound therapy research: bone conduction transducers and a dynamic audio filter. The electronic dynamic filter instantly analyzes and enhances the user’s voice, amplifying the frequencies, rhythms, and color to help users comprehend and adjust their voice.
Developed in coordination with Aftershokz LLC, the world leader in bone conduction tech, Forbrain® uses transducers placed on the facial bones just outside the ears. The sound resonates through the facial bones, which your brain processes via sensory integration into crystal clear speech.
As Forbrain® is designed for at-home use, it’s an ideal tool for speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists to enable their clients to practice between sessions. An affiliate program is available for therapists who wish to recommend Forbrain® to their clients. With an introductory price of $359, the Forbrain® package includes a user guide, an educational support guide, 3-5 day delivery, and a 2-year warranty.
Officially launched on January 1st, thousands of Forbrain® headsets have already been purchased by people with sensory integration issues and auditory processing disorders, such as speech delays. Due in part to its successful professional affiliation program, the company aims to soon be the leader in the field of auditory, speech, and listening programs.
You can read reviews for Forbrain® on the Amercican Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s guide :
< buyersguide.asha.org/Listing/Company/40560990 >
Contact information :
Forbrain Customer Relations
00 352 26 27 20 36
Other articles on this blog
- Forbrain present at the AOTA Annual Conference & Expo
- Forbrain present at the Learning and Teaching Expo in Hong Kong
- Sound for Life was a sponsor at the Hong Kong Speech & Hearing Symposium on November 1st and 2d!
- Forbrain present at the ASHA Convention from November 15th to 17th in Boston
- Forbrain® Is Now Available at four b8ta Stores across the U.S.!
- Forbrain rewarded with the Parent’s Pick Award
- Missica Has Two Children With Autism And This Is How Forbrain® Is Making a Difference In Their Lives!
- Another Success For Forbrain®!
- FORBRAIN® Was Present at AOTA’s 98th Annual Conference in Salt Lake City Last April!
- The voice is such a powerful tool
- Reading out loud can be stressful. Here is some useful advice to optimize your reading posture and therefore get the best out of it!
- Linda tested Forbrain with her children - Discover her review
- Forbrain will exhibit at the 2017 ASHA Convention in Los Angeles
- Douglas Haddad recommends Forbrain for both children and adults with learning difficulties
- Experience the dynamic filter effect!
- Why the human voice is so versatile
- Rebecca tested Forbrain with her son - Discover her review
- A new Prize awarded by families
- Forbrain will exhibit at the next TES SEN Show in London
- An isolated little boy finally gets help to battle Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD).
- A scientific research proves that Forbrain's headset significantly improves voice quality!
- Enthusiasm for Forbrain Drives Benefits
- A new Award granted to Forbrain
- Carol Kranowitz spoke about Sensory Processing Disorder with WGN Morning News
- Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder
- Today we recognize World Down Syndrome Day! Spread awareness and spread support!
- Meet Forbrain during the BETT Show 2016 in London
- Meet Forbrain during the ASHA Convention in Denver
- A scientific case study shows powerful effects of Forbrain!
- Get a complete overview of Forbrain in this detailed video
- Dawn Villareal, mother of a child diagnosed with autism, shares her experience with Forbrain and how it has helped her son
- Forbrain, the active auditory system to complete passive listening program.
- ADDitude Magazine recommends Forbrain®
- Winner BETT Awards 2015! Forbrain® wins as best Educational Needs Solution!
- Forbrain listed as a Top Great gift Ideas by Additude Magazine
- Forbrain Speech and Language
- Open Your Ears To...
- David's Forbrain Experience
- Launch Press Release