Enthusiasm for Forbrain Drives Benefits01 Aug 2016
Recently we invited 100 homeschooling families to use Forbrain. 84 families formally reviewed their experiences and gave some wonderful insight on the many ways that Forbrain can help children and adults improve different aspects of communication and cognition. The reviews and the experiences contained within them, provide a great snapshot of the use and efficacy of Forbrain.
For the record, 137 people's experiences were documented in reviews. The main categories that were the initial target of Forbrain use were speech (51), reading (34), focus (29), memory (10) and singing (10).
One of the concerns parents often have before using Forbrain is that maybe their children won't like using it. And you can't get benefit from Forbrain if you don't use it on a regular basis. Nothing could be further from the truth. The vast majority of users in this group, especially children, were very enthusiastic about using the device. Although there were one or two children who were apprehensive about the device, the vast percentage really enjoyed the experience. Here are just a few examples of what moms said about their children's enthusiasm for Forbrain.
Jennifer used the device on her daughter who volunteered: "Mom, it is like I am able to shut out everything except for my own voice."
Deann volunteered that her preschool daughter said: "It is easier to do reading with Forbrain on because I can hear the sounds better. It helps me talk louder." Also, her second-grade daughter volunteered: "If I am doing spelling it makes me hear myself better and it makes me concentrate better. I can hear myself better when I'm reading, I hear what I'm saying and if I'm saying the correct sounds."
Leah said this about her five-year-old's use of Forbrain: "My daughter loved using the headset! She wasn’t bothered by it or distracted by it. It was light and comfortable for her to wear. In fact, my daughter enjoyed her speech therapy sessions more than usual. She loved hearing her voice and didn’t want to take the headset off."
Jennifer said this about her son: "He had a blast using it too – reading time became so much more enjoyable for him."
Barbette was another whose daughter could relate benefits of using Forbrain. Her daughter said, "I felt like I was really able to focus on my story without getting distracted."
Laura from Hawaii reported a similar comment from her daughter: "I like using it to read because I can really hear what the story is about and it makes me feel better about reading out loud."
Kim's 8-year-old was another fan: "She has just been loving wearing the headset and would wear it all day if she could!"
Amy's daughter has sensory processing issues, and she struggles with high sensitivity to sound. She used the Forbrain daily for 10 minutes per day. Amy said "She would have worn it all day if I allowed her to because she loves the clarity it gives her."
Tawnee's son said “It is fun to use. It’s like I’m in space.”
Debbie also saw a huge difference in her son who had auditory issues: "He enjoyed wearing it and found that he could concentrate better. In his own words, he stated to me that he felt he could also speak more clearly and he enjoyed the sound - which is amazing to me for a kid that used to hide under the playground slide and scream in terror at the auditory input."
Amanda had all her kids try out Forbrain. And all were enthusiastic users: "The kids loved using the Forbrain. They loved hearing themselves and this is something we were thankful to receive."
Lynn was another mother who said that all of her children enjoyed using the device: "Without fail, each child exclaimed how "cool" it was to hear their own voice and how much easier reading was with the Forbrain headset."
The fun and enthusiasm that these children had for Forbrain were a big part of the improvements that many of them made. In the next blog, we will focus on those improvements in speech, reading, memory and attention.
You can find the complete 84 reviews directly on "Schoolhouse Review Crew" website here
Other articles on this blog
- Forbrain present at the AOTA Annual Conference & Expo
- Forbrain present at the Learning and Teaching Expo in Hong Kong
- Sound for Life was a sponsor at the Hong Kong Speech & Hearing Symposium on November 1st and 2d!
- Forbrain present at the ASHA Convention from November 15th to 17th in Boston
- Forbrain® Is Now Available at four b8ta Stores across the U.S.!
- Forbrain rewarded with the Parent’s Pick Award
- Missica Has Two Children With Autism And This Is How Forbrain® Is Making a Difference In Their Lives!
- Another Success For Forbrain®!
- FORBRAIN® Was Present at AOTA’s 98th Annual Conference in Salt Lake City Last April!
- The voice is such a powerful tool
- Reading out loud can be stressful. Here is some useful advice to optimize your reading posture and therefore get the best out of it!
- Linda tested Forbrain with her children - Discover her review
- Forbrain will exhibit at the 2017 ASHA Convention in Los Angeles
- Douglas Haddad recommends Forbrain for both children and adults with learning difficulties
- Experience the dynamic filter effect!
- Why the human voice is so versatile
- Rebecca tested Forbrain with her son - Discover her review
- A new Prize awarded by families
- Forbrain will exhibit at the next TES SEN Show in London
- An isolated little boy finally gets help to battle Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD).
- A scientific research proves that Forbrain's headset significantly improves voice quality!
- Enthusiasm for Forbrain Drives Benefits
- A new Award granted to Forbrain
- Carol Kranowitz spoke about Sensory Processing Disorder with WGN Morning News
- Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder
- Today we recognize World Down Syndrome Day! Spread awareness and spread support!
- Meet Forbrain during the BETT Show 2016 in London
- Meet Forbrain during the ASHA Convention in Denver
- A scientific case study shows powerful effects of Forbrain!
- Get a complete overview of Forbrain in this detailed video
- Dawn Villareal, mother of a child diagnosed with autism, shares her experience with Forbrain and how it has helped her son
- Forbrain, the active auditory system to complete passive listening program.
- ADDitude Magazine recommends Forbrain®
- Winner BETT Awards 2015! Forbrain® wins as best Educational Needs Solution!
- Forbrain listed as a Top Great gift Ideas by Additude Magazine
- Forbrain Speech and Language
- Open Your Ears To...
- David's Forbrain Experience
- Launch Press Release