David's Forbrain Experience27 Mar 2014
David is a cute two-year-old with big wide eyes and an even wider smile. If you just saw him briefly you would never imagine there was something wrong. If you followed him for longer, however, you would see that he doesn't make eye-contact, has difficulty socializing, and has barely any verbal skills. He can often seem lost in his own world. That was a few months ago, when David was officially diagnosed as having pervasive development disorder, epilepsy and an expressive language delay. The diagnosis, which shares some features with autism spectrum disorder, is a parent's nightmare. It's a diagnosis that brings uncertainty and fear about the future.
But four months after David's initial diagnosis, everything has changed and that future is very bright. It all started when his parents thought that Forbrain might help with David's condition. His mother says, "When we first showed David the Forbrain device, he was a little bit suspicious and wary, but after we put the headphones on him, he was absolutely fascinated by his own voice."
David adjusted to Forbrain and used it every day for about 10 minutes. "My son absolutely loves using the device. He is so much more verbal. He sings, repeats words and imitates sounds, something that he didn't previously do," says his mom. His parents also noticed that David seemed more relaxed and attentive, not just when he was using Forbrain but for a while afterwards, too. Soon, changes in verbal skills and sociability were lasting long after the daily Forbrain workout was over. His parents were so convinced David was making significant progress they went to a major pediatric research institute to get him formally assessed. The institute's psychometric and other assessments confirmed what David's parents observed and could only hope for.
David was now functioning at the normal or above normal range in cognitive skills, verbal and non-verbal skills, and sociability. He no longer had a diagnosis. In a few short months, David had been transformed from a child with significant developmental delays to a normal kid.
The researchers were so amazed by David's progress, they immediately explored and adapted the technology. "Having seen my son use Forbrain, I am sure that it is the single biggest reason for his transformation," says his mom.
David continues to use the device, though now he can much more clearly communicate about it -- and the fun he has with it.
Other articles on this blog
- Forbrain present at the Learning and Teaching Expo in Hong Kong
- Sound for Life was a sponsor at the Hong Kong Speech & Hearing Symposium on November 1st and 2d!
- Forbrain present at the ASHA Convention from November 15th to 17th in Boston
- Forbrain® Is Now Available at four b8ta Stores across the U.S.!
- Forbrain rewarded with the Parent’s Pick Award
- Missica Has Two Children With Autism And This Is How Forbrain® Is Making a Difference In Their Lives!
- Another Success For Forbrain®!
- FORBRAIN® Was Present at AOTA’s 98th Annual Conference in Salt Lake City Last April!
- The voice is such a powerful tool
- Reading out loud can be stressful. Here is some useful advice to optimize your reading posture and therefore get the best out of it!
- Linda tested Forbrain with her children - Discover her review
- Forbrain will exhibit at the 2017 ASHA Convention in Los Angeles
- Douglas Haddad recommends Forbrain for both children and adults with learning difficulties
- Experience the dynamic filter effect!
- Why the human voice is so versatile
- Rebecca tested Forbrain with her son - Discover her review
- A new Prize awarded by families
- Forbrain will exhibit at the next TES SEN Show in London
- An isolated little boy finally gets help to battle Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD).
- A scientific research proves that Forbrain's headset significantly improves voice quality!
- Enthusiasm for Forbrain Drives Benefits
- A new Award granted to Forbrain
- Carol Kranowitz spoke about Sensory Processing Disorder with WGN Morning News
- Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder
- Today we recognize World Down Syndrome Day! Spread awareness and spread support!
- Meet Forbrain during the BETT Show 2016 in London
- Meet Forbrain during the ASHA Convention in Denver
- A scientific case study shows powerful effects of Forbrain!
- Get a complete overview of Forbrain in this detailed video
- Dawn Villareal, mother of a child diagnosed with autism, shares her experience with Forbrain and how it has helped her son
- Forbrain, the active auditory system to complete passive listening program.
- ADDitude Magazine recommends Forbrain®
- Winner BETT Awards 2015! Forbrain® wins as best Educational Needs Solution!
- Forbrain listed as a Top Great gift Ideas by Additude Magazine
- Forbrain Speech and Language
- Open Your Ears To...
- David's Forbrain Experience
- Launch Press Release